Is the Bluetooth pairing not working on your Vizio soundbar? Check out this tutorial to help you properly connect your sound bar so you can be able to listen to sound coming out of it no matter what device it’s connected to.
Is your Bluetooth pairing not working on Vizio sound bar? If the answer is yes, you’re in the right place. This guide will show you how to fix this issue so you can be able to easily pair your Bluetooth Device and get excellent quality sound coming out of your Vizio Soundbar.
All you’ll be doing is opening up an app on your source device, play a movie on your Smart TV or fire up your gaming console. Either way, you won’t need to fiddle around with any wires or do any constant switching around.
It’s important that you fix this issue so you can be able to put your Vizio Soundbar to good use. This was put together because there’s a common issue that happens when people attempt to connect Bluetooth to their devices including their sound bar.
Related: How to Connect Bluetooth Soundbar to Roku TV
With that said, let’s get started with what you’ll need for this tutorial.
What You Need for This Tutorial?
You will need the following equipment for this tutorial:
- A working Vizio soundbar (it must have Bluetooth pairing)
- Your source device (Like a phone, Smart TV, or a particular device that has Bluetooth capabilities
It’s important that your particular device must be in working order. To test to see if its Bluetooth pairing is active, try and connect it to another device that isn’t your Vizio soundbar. This can be a wireless speaker that you have in your bedroom or home office.
If you are able to pair it correctly, then the problem will not be your device. That’s when you can be able to determine if the Sound bar might be able to have a pairing problem or if you are doing it improperly.
Step by Step Instructions to Fix Your Vizio Soundbar Bluetooth Pairing Issues
Now, we’ll be taking a look at the following step by step instructions that will help you fix your Vizio soundbar bluetooth pairing issues. Pay close attention and make sure that you are following the steps as outlined. We will also provide you with alternative steps in the event if the solutions below may not be working.
1. Enable your bluetooth on the sound bar
First thing you’ll want to do is enable the Bluetooth on your Vizio soundbar. The first thing you’ll want to do is go to your Settings menu and switch it on. You can do this using a Vizio or Sony remote control.
- Low-Profile 36” Design
- Room-Filling Performance
- Essential Connectivity & Control
At this point, the devices should be able to recognize each other. Using the source device, you’ll want to pair and connect.
This may be a common solution that may take care of the issue fast. However, if that’s not the case, keep reading for the following alternative steps.
2. Reconnect the sound bar from the TV or power outlet
If a simple connection doesn’t get the job done, this alternative might help. First, you want to unplug the Vizio Soundbar. Leave it unplugged for a few minutes before you plug it back into the outlet.
Once it’s started back up, make sure the sound bar is in pairing mode. Using the source device’s bluetooth settings, make sure that it picks up on the Vizio soundbar. If it’s not being picked up, you may be out of Bluetooth range.
You may have it at a one foot range to ensure a quick connection. If they are paired, you should be done at this point. If that didn’t work, you want to move on to the next step.
3. Double check to see if it’s paired with the device in question
It’s important to double check to see if the sound bar is connected with the device you want. You try to play a song from it and it doesn’t come from where you want it. This can only mean one thing – it’s already connected to another device.
Your Vizio soundbar may have the ability to connect with any other bluetooth device. It can even be on multiple devices. A common bluetooth pairing problem is that it’s already connected to other wireless devices and won’t have room to pair another.
How to Connect a Soundbar to Vizio TV
How to Connect Vizio Soundbar to Samsung TV
To do this, you want to find a device that is connected to the Vizio soundbar and disconnect it. Sometimes, the device may automatically pair with the sound bar. What you want to do is make sure that the device ‘forgets’ it.
It’s important to know what kind of Bluetooth version it is. That’s because it will have its own limit of how many devices it can handle. Here’s a list of the following:
- Bluetooth 4.0 will handle 3 to 5 devices at a time
- Bluetooth 5.0 will handle up to 7 devices
4. Enable your sound bar’s pairing mode
The Vizio soundbar won’t have its pairing mode turned on automatically. So you will need to do it yourself. Make sure it’s switched on.
If you need a video guide that will show you the step-by-step way to do it, there’s this.
5. The Re-pair process
Now with the sound bar’s pairing mode switched on, you can start the re-pairing process. Didn’t work?
Let’s try the next step. This will involve intentionally disconnecting the source device itself.
6. Drop the connection itself
By this, you’ll want to have the sound bar forget the device itself. This includes you going into the Bluetooth menu on your device and choosing ‘forget’ once you find the Vizio Soundbar on the list.
You can disable the Bluetooth on your device and turn it back on after a few seconds. After which, if it picks up on the sound bar, then try to re-pair it again.
Still nothing? This might be frustrating, but don’t give up just yet. It may be time for an update.
7. Update the soundbar
- Low-Profile 36” Design
- Room-Filling Performance
- Essential Connectivity & Control
Your Vizio soundbar will need its firmware update in order for the Bluetooth pairing to be successful. In order to do this, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Vizio website and click on ‘Support’ located at the top of the page.
- Go to the search bar and enter the model name of your sound bar. You may see an automatic suggestion pop up, which may indicate an update.
- Find the article in the search results that applies to your sound bar. This should allow you to download the firmware update itself or give you instructions to access and download it.
- Download the update and save it to a USB drive.
- Switch on your Vizio sound bar, then disconnect the power cord.
- Place the USB drive to where the update is saved.
- Reconnect the power cord. You should be able to see two LED lights lit up in front of the soundbar. This will be followed by the first, third, and fourth light illuminating. This will indicate that the update is being installed.
- Wait for the LED lights to disappear. Once they do, remove the USB drive safely.
8. Try a factory Reset, if all else fails
Factory resetting the Vizio soundbar may be your last resort option. When you take this step, you will be getting rid of any savings you may have saved. To do this, you’ll want to do the following:
- Make sure the sound bar is powered on. If it’s not on, press the power button and make sure it’s plugged in.
- Tap and hold your Bluetooth and Volume Down buttons for five seconds.
- Release the buttons and wait for the LED lights to blink three times. This will indicate that the reset was successful.
- To confirm this, you’ll want to make sure that the soundbar is functioning properly. For any further confirmation, check this video tutorial.
Did This Tutorial Help?
Did you enjoy this tutorial? Has it been helpful? It’s important to make sure you follow these steps above to make sure your Bluetooth pairing issue is fixed fast. You may have your best solution, but it’s good to know you have alternatives in case one of these steps doesn’t solve the problem.
Making sure your bluetooth device is connected to your Vizio soundbar is important because you want to get the best sound quality out of it. It can be via your phone, PC, or even your Smart TV.
If you liked this tutorial and found one of the solutions to be helpful or unhelpful, let us know in the comments.
John Fleming is the senior editor for Audiophilez.com, covering everything from headphones to smart speakers. He is a graduate of Music Production and Technology. Before Audiophilez, John began his career as a staff writer for two different magazines, where he became a skilled storyteller across different mediums. When he isn’t writing, he can be found biking, reading books, and playing the piano.